LionHeart’s (virtual) summer fundraising challenge
Could you be part of a LionHeart summer fundraising challenge?
In common with many charities, the coronavirus crisis has resulted in increased calls to our helpline and a rise in demand for our support, at a time when all of our usual summer fundraising events have had to be cancelled because of the lockdown.
So while mass gatherings and organised affairs are out of the question for now, we’re hoping the RICS community will join us for a virtual summer fundraising challenge, and help us continue to support even more of their fellow professionals throughout this difficult time.
The possibilities are endless! You could raise money from the comfort of your own home by organising a virtual event such as a Lego Build competition. Or you could do something energetic like a stair climb to reach the top of your favourite landmark.
It could be something you do on your own, with family members, or virtually/at a distance with your colleagues while many of you are working from home.
Whatever activity to choose, we are here to help you plan your fundraiser for LionHeart.
LionHeart fundraiser Faye Smith said: “LionHeart is your charity and we rely on your generous donations and fundraising efforts to enable us to help even more RICS professionals and their families. In the first six weeks of the UK lockdown, calls to our helpline were up over 40%, and we are hearing from RICS professionals all over the world who are being affected by coronavirus. Unfortunately, as the full economic impact of the lockdown becomes apparent, we are expecting the number of people needing our help to increase even further.
“Could you help us to keep providing this support by creating your very own LionHeart Summer Challenge?
“I’m sure, like us, many of you are missing seeing your colleagues in person so it could be the perfect way to do something challenging and worthwhile together while supporting your profession. Whatever you choose, every pound you raise will help us support a fellow surveyor through this crisis.”
Here are some ideas…
- Stair Climb
- Danceathon (could be virtual too!)
- Tennis (although the rules on this might depend on where you are)
- Lego Build (we’re pretty sure you may have a professional edge with this one…)
- Online Auction
- Bake Off
- Gaming marathon
- Tea and talk
How to Fundraise
- Think of a fundraising idea What sort of fundraising would you like to do? Who will you encourage to get involved? How will you raise money?
- Plan your event
- Schedule the date and time for your activity. Create your JustGiving page to raise funds for us here
- Spread the word! Start promoting your event to your networks. Use social media channels to promote your event and encourage donations - we’d love to give you a mention too!
- Collect your donations/sponsorship (if you’ve created a JustGiving page then this is all done for you!)
- Congratulate yourself and thank all of your supporters!
We’d love to hear what you’re planning so if you have any queries or if we can help in any way, please contact Faye Smith at email@example.com
Find out more: