Retirement is a massive shift in life but it can be a time of choice and opportunity.
With generally better health than previous generations, many of us can look forward to a good, active life well past retirement age. In fact, it may well be the first time in our lives that there will be no demands on our time other than those we choose.
This gives us the opportunity to explore things we’ve always wanted to do but could never previously find the time for: travelling, trying new hobbies, volunteering, or even exploring how to turn an existing hobby into a small business. The possibilities are endless.
The decision of when, or even whether, to retire has become even more significant in recent years. There is no longer an expectation that we will retire at a certain age as we are free to continue working for as long as we wish.
- A dedicated support officer to talk through any concerns and create a package of support tailored to your need
- Factsheets covering essentials of retirement and offering top tips to help you start preparing for your post-work life
- Counselling with one of our experienced BACP registered counsellors
- A referral to our careers consultants, who may offer help and advice on becoming self-employed or semi-retired
- Additional help, which may include legal advice from our partner Law Express (this can be for either a personal or business matter
Don't forget, once you have been an RICS professional you are eligible for support from LionHeart for the rest of your life: you don't have to be a practising surveyor to use our services.