Retirement today can be a time of choice and opportunity.
With better health than previous generations we can now look forward to a good, active life well past retirement age. Most of us will have around an additional 25 years or more of reasonably good health once our work days are over.
The decision of when, or even whether, to retire has become even more significant in recent years. There is no longer an expectation that we will retire at a certain age as we are free to continue working for as long as we wish.
To give RICS members the best start in planning their retirement, LionHeart has teamed up with the UK’s leading provider of retirement preparation courses, Laterlife, to offer a series of Head start to retirement workshops for members and their partners who may be thinking about retirement.
- A dedicated support officer to talk through any concerns and create a package of support tailored to your need
- Factsheets covering essentials of retirement and offering top tips to help you start preparing for your post-work life
- Counselling with one of our experienced BACP registered counsellors
- A referral to our careers consultants, who may offer help and advice on becoming self-employed or part-retired
- Additional help, which may include legal advice from our partner Law Express (this can be for either a personal or business matter).
Interactive tools and additional resources
- Mortgage Calculator
- Savings Calculator
- Workplace Pensions Contributions Calculator
- Budget Planner
- Five essentials of retirement