There are a number of reasons you may be able to apply for a concession when it comes to paying your RICS subs:
There is a deadline of 31 December for non-practising, part-time, unemployed or academic concessions.
- Non-practising: for those who are no longer working in a surveying related role
- Family raising: for those members who are currently raising a family and taking a career break to do so
- Retired: for members who have retired from practice
- Unemployed/seeking work: if you are out of work and actively looking for paid work
- Ill-health: if you are off work due to ill-health or incapacity
- Academic: if you teach students about surveying in a higher education establishment
- Dual membership: if you hold membership of another recognised professional body
- Maternity or adoption: if you are due to have a baby or are taking time off to adopt a child
Past RICS members
LionHeart is here to help RICS members whether past or present. Members who have retired or otherwise given up their membership will always be eligible to use all of our services, including employment support, counselling, and financial grants.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, for example due to job loss or ill-health, LionHeart may be able to help.
Those in receipt of financial help from LionHeart may also be able to waive or postpone payment of RICS subs fees.
To speak to a LionHeart support officer and find out how we can help, please call us on 0121 289 3300 or 0800 009 2960 to see if we can help.