Support through your APC
Support through your APC
Working towards your APC can be one of the most demanding times you’ll face during your career, and we know that for many people it can be a long and sometimes arduous process.
The team at LionHeart is able to support RICS professionals around the globe, right from their APC days throughout their working lives and into retirement.
We understand the pressures facing young surveyors and know that because working towards your chartered status is so very important to you, it’s a time in your life that has the potential to become very stressful.
There are a number of ways in which we can help:
Help with Work Life Balance/ Stress Management
If you find that the demands of working and studying at the same time are beginning to have a negative effect on your personal life, our experienced support officers can help you re-balance things. Sometimes it can be as simple as having someone to listen to your worries, but we can also help you identify the early stages of stress and find coping strategies before it leads to more serious problems.
We can also offer advice if you're dealing with referral during the APC process and are not sure what steps to take next.
- LISTEN: One of our counsellors talks you through a 3-minute relaxation and breathing exercise here
- Download our APC Support pack here
If you're approaching your final interview, we understand what an important (and stressful!) time in your career this can be. Our support officers can offer a free practice session for you to run through your presentations and offer tips on your presentation style and tackling nerves, so you feel as confident as possible going into the big day. While we can't offer technical advice, many candidates have found it very useful to have an impartial sounding board and have gone on to achieve their chartered status shortly afterwards.
- Interested? Drop us an email (email@example.com) or give the helpline a call
Workshops & Webinars
We offer a number of different workshops, many of which count towards your CPD requirements. These include wellbeing workshops aimed at improving your work life balance and boosting your resilience, which have been specially devised for LionHeart and are led by trainers who understand the surveying profession.
- Take a look at the range of webinars to support APC candidates here
- View all forthcoming webinars and book spaces here
If there’s something going on in your life and you’re struggling to cope then our professional BACP registered counsellors offer a safe, non-judgmental space to talk and work through these feelings.
- Find out more about our counselling here
We offer one-to-one formal and informal coaching sessions for those candidates who might need a little more help over a period of time as they work towards their career goals.
- Find out more here
Our APC ambassadors are all recently qualified RICS professionals who volunteer their time to help us develop the support we offer, and who are happy to share their insights and experiences to help others.
Find out more here
You may also be interested in these articles:
- "LionHeart's support was a game-changer when I failed APC"
- Coping with APC stress (Kate Taylor FRICS)
- Dealing with referral at APC final assessment time (Kate Taylor FRICS)
- Top 10 APC revision tips (Kate Taylor FRICS)
- “My 19-year journey to MRICS is what made me” (Sara Cameron MRICS)
- Wellbeing workshops for APC candidates launched
- Help! I've been referred... what now? (Jen Lemen FRICS)
APC presentation practice
APC tips for the night before
APC tips for referral