LionHeart Privacy Notice for donors and people attending our events
The data controller processing your data is LionHeart. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (our notification number is Z6406612) and we are committed to ensuring that the personal data we process is handled in accordance with data protection legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018).
Our CEO is the Data Protection Lead and can be contacted by email email@example.com.
What information do we collect from you?
LionHeart holds and processes personal data about our donors and the people who attend our events. We only collect the data we need and keep that data up to date.
The personal data that we collect from you consists of:
- Date of birth
- Contact details
How do we collect this information from you?
We receive this data from you when you:
- Make a donation to LionHeart
- Make a booking for a LionHeart event
Why do we collect this information from you?
We process your data as we have a legitimate interest in doing so. We would not be able to thank you for your donation/provide information about the service you would like to receive without processing the data.
This is an assessment made by weighing our requirement against the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests will never override your right to privacy and the freedoms that require the protection of your personal data.
We process your personal data for these purposes when we:
- Send you a thankyou note for your donation
- Send you information about the event you are interested in
What do we do with your information?
Your information may be shared internally with members of the Finance and Administration, Communications and Training and Development teams if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles, for example in order to thank you for your donation or in order to send you information about a service.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep details of your donation for 10 years and information regarding the service you’ve received for 2 years. If you have opted in to receiving newsletters from us we will keep this information for as long as you give us consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Who do we share your information with?
Within LionHeart, we share your data with the Finance and Administration team and the CEO (in an aggregated format).
We do not share your data with external organisations or individuals.
How do we protect your data?
We take the security of your data seriously and have cybersecurity guidelines which specify the correct way of handling IT in order to protect data against the consequences of breaches of confidentiality, failures of integrity and interruption of availability.
We have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process, or store, personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions contained within a contract, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
What rights do you have in the way that we protect your data?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing (by making a subject access request)
- Require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that data to another data controller
- Ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override LionHeart’s legitimate grounds for processing data
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your data where we do so with your consent
Not all of these rights apply in all circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or make a subject access request please contact LionHeart’s Data Protection Lead, the CEO. They can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by calling 0121 2895410 or by writing to: LionHeart, Ground Floor, 55 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 2AA
If you continue to have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK.
They can be contacted through their website: www.ico.org.uk, or their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
Policy updated October 2018; reviewed annually.