LionHeart Privacy Notice for sending emails relating to the services we offer
The data controller processing your personal data is LionHeart. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (our notification number is Z6406612) and we are committed to ensuring that the personal data we process is handled in accordance with data protection legislation (the General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018). Our CEO is the Data Protection Lead and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do we get your information?
We receive your personal data from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). We have a data sharing agreement in place with RICS and the sharing of your personal data is considered to be in the legitimate interests of LionHeart, RICS and those receiving information about our services.
What information do we process?
We process your name and contact details, which may include your email address, telephone number, and postal address.
How and why do we process your data, and how long do we keep it?
We process your data in order to send you information about our free, charitable services that are available to all RICS members.
We retain this data from the RICS for three months and use it to send a maximum of two mailshots before deletion. If you tell us you do not want to receive these emails in future, we keep this on a suppression list.
On what basis do we process your data?
We process your personal data for the purpose listed above as we have a legitimate interest in doing so. We would not be able to provide information about our free charitable services that are available to you as a RICS professional if we did not process the data in this way.
This is an assessment made by weighing our requirement against the impact of the processing on you. Our legitimate interests will never override your right to privacy and the freedoms that require the protection of your personal data. If you would like to see a copy of our legitimate interest assessment, please ask us.
Who do we share your information with?
Within LionHeart, we share your data with the Communications and Events teams.
We do not share your data with any external organisations or individuals, with the exception of certain approved third parties working for LionHeart, for example our bulk email provider.
How do we protect your data?
We take the security of your data seriously. LionHeart has cybersecurity processes and guidelines in place which specify the correct way of handling IT in order to protect data against the consequences of breaches of confidentiality, failures of integrity and interruption of availability.
We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions contained within a contract, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
What rights do you have in the way that we protect your data?
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing (by making a subject access request)
- Require us to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Object to the processing of your data where we rely on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that data to another data controller
- Ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override LionHeart’s legitimate grounds for processing data
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your data where we do so with your consent
Not all of these rights apply in all circumstances. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, or make a subject access request please contact LionHeart’s Data Protection Lead, the CEO: email@example.com
If you continue to have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the UK.
They can be contacted through their website: www.ico.org.uk, or their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
Policy updated October 2018; reviewed annually.