Aim: To raise awareness of mental health and to understand and recognise the causes, symptoms, and support options for a range of mental health issues.
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who would like a better understanding of mental health conditions.
- What we mean by mental health and mental distress
- Different models of mental health - medical/biological or psychological and social?
- How race, culture and gender impact on our experience of mental health
- Common vs severe mental health conditions, neurosis or psychosis?
- Personality disorder: general features, common themes, the different types of personality disorder, causes, treatment and support
- Common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of anxiety, depression, OCD and phobias
- Less common mental health conditions: signs and symptoms, causes, treatment and support of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
Watch this space for future dates!
To be added to a mailing list about future CPD workshops and events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.